Friday, December 27, 2013

New Year's Cards

Wishing someone a Happy New Year is such a great way to kick off the year! Positive thoughts for a positive start to the new year.


Kicking it off with a BRIGHT card.  The 4.5" x 6" card base and all brightly colored layers were made from the Core Essentials Bright Collection.  I embossed the yellow layer with a chevron embossing folder by Darice.  While embossing, I placed a cardstock shim on top of the plate sandwich. When I ran  this through my Big Shot, the embossing cut through the paper just where the shim was placed.  

Supplies:
Darice Chevron Embossing Folder
Die-namics Alpha Dies
Xyron Adhesives


This picture perfect card whipped up in no time at all!  The 4.5" x 6" card base is Core'dinations Tulip Jillian Dot. I sanded the little dots with my Sand It Gadget.  The sentiment is printed on a scrap piece of Core'dinations Cardstock (pretty sure it is in the Neutral Collection).  Once printed, I tore the paper and added a bit of Chalking Ink to match the Tulip colored base.  

Supplies:
Core'dinations Smooth Stamping Paper
Unity Stamp Co.
Memento Ink 
Quick Quotes Chalking Ink
Want2Scrap Pearls

Wishing you all a Happy and Healthy New Year! ~Kate

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are gorgeous! I loveeeeeee the colors and the cameras!!!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

very fun cards

Ava Gavloski said...

love it!!! both cards are great, love the color explosion on the new year card.