Monday, July 29, 2013

Pool & Sun = Fun!

Nothing screams summer to me more than soaking up the sunshine sitting poolside with my family.  I love spending a bright, sunny day watching the kids play in the pool and be silly.  I used the Core'dinations Core Essential Brights to convey the feel of a bright, sunny pool day in the layout I am sharing today.


To create texture,  I embossed the cardstock and sanded it with the Sandit Gadget and Dusty Buddy.  I punched holes in the middle of a few of the embossed circles so that the white background would show through and then added bling to the other embossed circles.


Stamping on Core'dinations Cardstock always give a great impression.  My hints for getting a clean. sharp image are 1) use a good ink, 2) use a pad underneath the paper when stamping and 3) use an even hand when stamping.   


I stamped the circle and the arrows then fussy cut the stamped images to create the sun in the left corner of my layout.  It added another fun, summery element to my layout.

I hope you have a bright and sunny day today!

Supplies:
Core'dination Core Elements: Brights
Core'dinations Core Elements: Neutrals
Core'dinations Sandit Gadget
Core'dinations Dust Buddy
Core Couture Embossing Folder
Pink Paislee Stamps
Stampin' Up Stamps
KaiserCraft Rhinestones
Helmar ZapDots & Premium Craft Glue

2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooo fun!! LOVING the colors, the design and that sun!!!

wendipooh13 said...

LOVE the fun happy colors and those circles!!!